Monday, February 9, 2015

Bleach fullbringer arc review - The good, the bad and the Y U DO DIS KUBO!!!! PLOTKAI!!!

Considering the way in witch the arranicar arc ended, I think it became pretty clear that Tite Kubo was desperate to find idea's to continue the story. While I will say that I DID enjoy the fullbring arc and that it was a good idea, I can't deny that it just feels so awkward. Once Ichigo beat aizen, nothing, I mean NOTHING else had to be accomplished, all the major conflicts have been resolved! and all of the major characters have been fully developed, THAT ALONE is enough of a reason to end your series. While I will admit that yea, squeals can advance the story and make you like them more, HOWEVER, there can be cases when the sequal can totally fuck up the story as a whole and ruin the story as a whole.... madoka magica rebellion movie 3 I'm looking at you.... thats another rant for another day

So how did this bleach fullbringer arc go?
 It was a roller coaster ride. theres A lot of good things about this arc, but there are also some really awful things about this arc that I just cant tolerate.

So basically after the arranicar arc, when Ichigo used the final getsuga tenshou
 he pretty much lost all of his soul reaper (shinigami) powers afterwards. At the very beginning of this arc, Ichigo states quite a few times that all he's ever wanted was "a normal life" however, as this arc goes on it becomes very apparent that ichigo is just lying to himself, to cope with the fact that he lost his powers, because deep down ichigo has a strong desire for power so he can protect others, and now with his powers lost, he feels very disappointed that he can no longer do what he does best, protecting what is important to him.
I can already say that this is a very interesting set up, with this premise for the arc, it gives a lot of room to give ichigo character development and will show us many parts of his personality that we havent seen before, I can honestly say seeing ichigo being completely weak and powerless is already very interesting.

But this obviously wont last very long. So ichigo pretty much encounters this So pretty much ichigo is encountered by a mysterious man named Ginjo, 
who offers ichigo to get his powers back. Ginjo is the leader of a group called "Xcution" the group consists of a lot of people known as "fullbringers". Fullbringers are human beings that are able to manipulate objects and pull the "soul" of the object to give it power (for example, orhime gets her power from her hairpins and chad gets his powers from his arms, basically both of them have been fullbringers, but this term has never been used before). SO, ginjo trains ichigo to get fullbring powers so ichigo can finally get some sort of power back, 
This pretty much is what most of the arc was, the whole build up of how ichigo is gonna get some sort of power back so he can protect people again, I think that this was very interesting, because basically ichigo couldnt even USE his fullbring until his powers where fully developed. 

In the background of all this ichigo stuff happening, a bad man named tsukishima is basically going after all of ichigo's friends, first it was infered that tsukishima was probably the one to cut uryu at the beginning of the arc (also can I mention that uryu was given the BITCH treatment in this arc, like my god, this guy has been hospitalized the whole freaking arc and only showed up at the very end of it! and even then he didn't do anything, and also he was knocked out in one hit by the guy who beat him, I mean seriously after the arranicar arc dont you at LEAST think that this guy would be strong enough to hold his own against a freaking fullbringer? not get beat up and hospitalized with one freaking slash! I mean seriously, unless his opponent was top 5 espada level of powerful, I call BULLSHIT, on uryu getting beat up in ONE FREAKING HIT!) anyways tsukishima also cut orihime, and because orhime has been attacked, ichigo know's something is up because both chad and orihime are hiding the fact that, orihime was cut by tsukishima, because they want to protect ichigo because they know his fullbringer power wasnt ready for battle yet.

I can already say that aspect of the arc was REALLY amazing, because just seeing ichigo being unable to protect his friends showed how desperate he was to keep training with the fullbringers so he can fully develop his power. Also just one thing I wanna add, ummm, arent orihimes boobs just a little bit ya know, TOO BIG in this arc! 
I mean seriously You Could break boards with those things. (ps I fapped to that pic lolol)

So pretty much when ichigo finally Completes his full bring from this is when the arc is at it's peak. Also might I add that ichigo's fullbringer form makes him look like a freaking arranicar! 

I mean seriously that design just screams hollow. So basically it is revaled that tsukishima's ability, is that when he cuts someone he can alter that persons memory and can forge faulse memories into thinking you're his best friend or something, and basically, tsukishima cuts ALL of ichigo's friends and family and gives them faulse memories to make them all love him. Now what does ichigo do? freak out. he punches tsukishima all of his friends and family are like "ichigo what are you doing tsukishima is our best friend)

and I can say this was HONESTLY the BESTTTT part of the arc, like YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO just seeing tsukishima fuck with ichigo like that felt like something out of a horror movie or something, and just seeing how ichigo reacted when he realized, everyone he wanted to protect FROM tsukishima all turned against him and where given faulse memories to LOVE tsukishima, like YOOOOOOOOOO man, that episode just added so much depth to ichigo's character as a whole, pretty much ichigo just ran away from everybody just because he couldn't believe what was happening. All of this was just too good and was just so entertaining to see how ichigo just broke down, for once he didnt seem like a black and white character. 

so basically after that ginjo confronts ichigo and lures ichigo into a trap that tsukishima set, basically getting ichigo into a fight with tsukishima, and during the fight with tsukishima chad and orihime pop up and ichigo just loses ALL will he has to fight, just because he doesnt know what he's fighting for anymore, and then there is the big reveal GINJO HAS BEEN USING ICHIGO THIS WHOLE TIME! ginjo pretty much steals ichigos fullbringer from ichigo and ichigo is left powerless, he just knees down and starts crying, the guy just lost every shred of hope he had.

I can easily say that these where some of the BEST chapters in bleach, just all of this personality out of ichigo was just SOOOO DAMN INTERESTING!!!! ichigo was just completely helpless and for once didnt feel like a fucking mary sue! I've honestly never seen ichigo so deprived of hope, his character just felt so colorful, even more colorful then the way he acted before his fight with aizen. I would also like to point out that because of how much he psychologically fucked up ichigo, tsukishima is my favorite bleach villan, the guy is just so badass and I love how much he was actually able to traumatize ichigo, it made him seem so evil.

HOWEVER, after this, the arc turns into shit. 

First off right after ichigo pretty much feels so much dispair, everyone in the soul society shows up and rukia stabs ichigo and gives ichigo his powers back!!! I mean what the FUCK man! first off I think it would be more interesting to have at least ONE more chapter of ichigo just being hopeless. but also THIS ENTIRE PLOTPOINT IS FUCKING RETARDED!!! I mean SERIOUSLY this is SO FUCKING DUMB! this makes the whole purpose of the arc go to shit! I mean the whole purpose of the arc was so ichigo could get his powers back on his own right? okay and he did, and that failed. but what I dont get is WHY THEY DIDNT JUST DO THIS 2 YEARS AGO RIGHT AFTER ICHIGO LOST HIS POWERS IN THE FIRST PLACE! I MEAN SERIOUSLY MAN! WHY??? If they could have given ichigo his powers back WHY WAIT TILL THE VERY LAST MOMENT! I mean seriously NONE of this conflict would even happen if they just did that in the first place!!! I mean god damn! this is a SERIOUS plothole and makes this whole arc seem pointless and incredibly dumb. kubo, y u do dis, y u do dis kubo

PLOTKAI DRILLUUU BREAKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But this isn't the only reason this arc has downsides to it. okay so after this, the arc just turns into the soul society vs. the fullbringers. before I get into the quality of the actual fights, let me just say that the fact that we go through ALL of this awesome story, just to have it end off with a bunch of fights seems a little dumb. and also, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE THE SOUL SOCIETY TO TAKE DOWN THE FULLBRINGERS, the whole arc was centered around the ichigo squad (chad, orihime, uryu and ichigo, rukia is also part of the squad so I'll give her an exception) but ether way, it seems anticlimactic that youre gonna have the soul society, the guys that had NOTHING I mean NOTHING to do with this arc be the ones to fight the fullbringers. WHY? I mean WHY! tell me! how is that a good idea! I mean literally the only reasons these guys even said they fought was because "any enemy of ichigo is an enemy of mine" SO WHY NOT HAVE JUST KILLED GINJO AND TSUKISHIMA TO BEGIN WITH!!! ugh, seriously alot of this arcs problems is the fact that ALL OF THIS CONFLICT COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED!!!

But it doesnt stop there, lets get to the quality of the fights, THEY ARE SHIT I MEAN ABSOLUTE SHIT!!!!! seriously ALL OF THESE FIGHTS WHERE WON BY 1 KIT K-O's Im NOT EVEN JOKING. Renji won his fight by slapping jackie with the fucking hilt of his sword OHHHH WOWWWW WHAT AN INTERESTING FIGHT! considering that was the ONLY MOVE RENJI EVEN USED DURING THE FIGHT! kenpachi won in LITERALLY one slash, byakuya was the one to fight tsukishima, WHY I mean WHY shouldnt ichigo be the one to fight tsukishima! I mean ichigo is the one with the grudge against him. the fight wasnt won in just one hit but it was still pretty damn bad. the other fights where also won by really stupid reasons. the only good fight was the fight with rukia, and the only reason I liked that one was because it was funny. but as a fight, IT SUCKED! I mean seriously all these fights are REALLY SHORT and a DISGRACE to bleach, I know that yea, the fullbringers where weaker than the espada's. if thats the case THEN WHY NOT HAVE THE ICHIGO SQUAD FIGHT THEM INSTEAD BECAUSE THEY ARE LESS POWERFUL!!!! WHY HAVE THE OVERPOWERED SOUL REAPERS FIGHT THEM!!! ugh...this whole setup was total garbage.

Now lets get to the final fight. Ichigo vs ginjo. so ginjo was hyped. Ginjo was said to have Hollow powers, fullbring powers, and ichigos spiritual pressure. okay so the set up for the fight is pretty good. how did it turn out WHAT THE FUCK MAN!!!!! ICHIGO LITERALLY BEAT GINJO IN ONE HIT WITH HIS BANKAI!!! WHY!!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!! Like UGHHHHH KUBO. I hate to call manga-ka's trolls BUT WHAT THE FUCK! I literally felt trolled, so you're gonna build up this awesome villan just for ichigo to beat him IN ONE SLASH!!!! UGH WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. ugh. this just speaks for itself, I could go into why this fight was shit. but I think you get the point.

And then after that the arc ends, tsukishima goes crazy, and riruka is pretty much like, I'll never forget ichigo.

Ugh. so what do I think about this arc!? 7/10 I mean the whole arc was good till like the last 10 chapters or so. I mean ichigo was really awesome and interesting. but I gotta say that I just CANNOT forgive the shittiness of everything after ichigo gets his powers back. I can honestly say this arc really did show that bleach really should have ended with arranicar, none of the soul reapers seemed like they needed anymore development and just no one else seems like they need more character development. I also hated how this arc shitted on the ichigo squad. Chad was useless like always when HE COULD HAVE BEEN USEFUL, Uryu was useless the WHOLE time, and HE GOT TAKEN DOWN BY GINJO OF ALL PEOPLE IN ONE HIT!!!! so basically get this, ichigo beat ginjo in one hit, ginjo beat uryu in one hit. WHAT THE HELL MAN! Way to give uryu the BITCH treatment! If uryu is that weak then my god, fuck uryu, you might as well have orihime as your fucking rival. ether that or ichigo is just SOOOOO OVERFUCKINGPOWERD!!! I mean seriously, normal ichigo for what we know couldnt even beat uqioura. ugh whatever Im not even gonna analize this, I think you get the point that kubo has fucking plotholes. This arc was great, had great moments, and was shit, and had shit moments. as much as I hate to admit it, bleach has the "cool rule" no matter how stupid it can be at times, the series is just so cool that I can forgive its shortcomings. Well now that I have this over with Im gonna give you my thoughts on the quincy arc next.

also IM NOT DOING FULL ARC REVIEWS AGAIN!!! this took me 2.5 hours! Fuck me man. also sorry if this isn't the most interesting thing, sorry I'll get better at reviewing and stuff.

Good night good bye and bigballs.






No comments:

Post a Comment