Friday, February 27, 2015

Yamada and the seven witches 147 review

This chapter was fairly uneventful, so this should be a short review. Just like I predicted, the chapter would show tamaki's progress trying to become student council president, and as you see in this chapter, tamaki gives speeches, and he's getting better at giving speeches, while he's still by far one of the worst presidential candidates, he's still come such a long way from the loser that didnt believe he could ever be student council president, to what he is right now. While tamaki has a really small following, it seems tamaki's supporters are growing, and while so far it isnt enough to win an election, it still seems like tamaki is slowly climbing up there, I really like this because this really helps develop tamaki's character, because before this, the narrative LITERALLY makes fun how how much of a useless and pathetic character tamaki is, and him going from a loser, to a leader, is really interesting, and I think the character development of tamaki is going really well and smooth because he's still not a leader yet, but instead we are gonna see tamaki's slow progression. the only part of the chapter that bugged me was when tamaki said that he would become president without using the witch powers.

wut

WHY!?

While on a writing standpoint I can see why they dont want tamaki to use the witch powers because that would be cheating, but at the same time, in the SAME chapter, tamaki also said he would leave the witch powers to yamada, witch makes no sense, so you yourself arent gonna use the witch powers to help your election, but your gonna get yamada to do your job for you??? wtf tamaki. and its really annoying because tamaki's erase power is so much more useful then yamada's copy power, tamaki LITERALLY has the power to erase the spell ichijo put on half the student body and elminate the competition easily, because he LITERALLY has the power to erase ichijo's powers, but he's gonna rely on yamada to do it.... why? yamada's copy power WONT GET RID OF THE SPELL'S PUT ON HALF THE STUDENT BODY!!! idk, while I do think from a writing standpoint, I would much rather see yamada deal with the witches rather than tamaki, I still think that because tamaki LITERALLY can deal with ichijo a LOT better than yamada can, I mean seriously, what can yamada even do to ichijo. well, I guess we'll find out.

Moving on the later part of this chapter is uneventful, basically kaori comes back and tells yamada that she feels like she belongs with the japanese chess club, so basically kaori is working against yamada now, but in return kaori said she'll do one thing for yamada, anything he wants that she can do, basically yamada asks for imformation on yuri and kaori says all she knows about yuri is that he has a crush on this one girl, and kaori tells yamada where to find the girl. then yamada tries to kiss the girl to put her under the witch spell so he can control her, to get imformation on yuri to take down the Japanese chess club yamada tried to force kiss her but yamada tripped on a book and got hurt and basically the girl left to go find a bandaid for yamada....

I dont even know what to say about this part of the chapter, there where a LOT of funny moments at this part of the chapter, so I really did like it, had a lot of laughs, I found it funny how miyamura was like "dude, yamada, kaori said she would do anything for you >;)" and there where a bunch of other really funny moments, I also found it kind of dumb that kaori said that she felt like she belonged in the japanese chess club, it seems kinda dumb to me, because if she always felt like she belonged somewhere, why the FUCK did we spend 2 chapters focusing on her character.... I dont know, hopefully we get more on that soon. Other then that not much else to say

All in all this chapter is 3/5 I predict next chapter we will get more information on yuri and it should focus more on yamada trying to take down the Japanese chess club. I also want more from tamaki, because I think it'll be interesting to see how he's doing, he said he would give more speeches, so I would like to see him improve even more.also something random, I'd also like to see shiraishi, I mean seriously she's my second favorite character and she's only been in 3 scenes this whole arc *_* I know that she literally cant be at school now because she doesnt want to burden yamada, but I'd still like to see her again soon.


Mightypie you posted no pictures from the chapter you lazy fook!!!

yea...too much work, I'm not doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment